If you have been following us, you will know that we discussed the methods which can be used in the cloud migration process itself. But most of the tines it may happen that the process of execution according to us happened correctly and efficiently, whereas, unless we test it thoroughly we cannot just assume that its concrete and it needs constant attention and maintenance to run smoothly. That is why just as we do software testing, we have to do the cloud migration testing. And in this blog, we’re going to address the testing considerations for cloud migration.
A comprehensive testing plan is crucial for the migration’s success, once you have decided to move your business to the cloud. The cloud migration process will help you to ensure that you do not face server breakdown issues, database glitches and other errors that can impede a successful cloud migration.
Focus for Cloud Migration Success
The main focus of cloud migration testing is on the various validations required to ensure its success.
Related Post: 3 Best Cloud Migration strategies You Must Know About
The production-readiness of the migrated applications is tested in functional validation. For ts various aspects a detailed analysis is performed and checked for SLA compliance. Perform end-to-end validation of the applications’ functions to ensure the success of your migration
- Checking if the desired output is generating for a valid and required input.
- Checking if the service integrations with other applications are complete.
- Checking if the object references are working as expected.
- Checking if the cross-platform compatibility is ensured.
To ensure your applications are integrated seamlessly with third-party applications and that communication between them is happening without and issues is an integral part of migration testing. Strikeout the dependencies between applications, and various SLAs that each application comes with. The migration process tends to become more complicated if you are migrating one or more applications. Just consider these following validations to simplify the process.
- For integration testing, what interfaces and systems should be covered?
- For validation and integration testing, what are the resources needed?
- To develop and execute tests with third-party applications, what plan is in place?
- How will the identification of coordination problems in the cloud environment?
Many Cloud consulting service providers also provide integration validation as an add-on to their services, which help ensure error-free integration testing.
In the beginning, the biggest discouragement for organizations to move their operations to the cloud was concern over security. Backed up by several advancements in the field, cloud security now has features that can prevent even sophisticated attacks from gaining access to your data and applications. Consider the following while y perform security validation:
- Make sure that your cloud network can be accessed only by authorized users.
- Take preventive measures against common attacks, and ensure that the measures are working properly.
- Validation of data security is important In rest, in use and during transit.
A few other aspects of security testing include data security, privacy testing, business process security, and application security.
Determining the performance and response time of the applications moved to the cloud is important for determining migration success. This step will also help you in optimizing the workload across resources. These are the things you should consider while performing performance validation.
- Checking if the application architecture is supported by the cloud.
- As per SLAs, we have to validate response times.
- Load testing must be performed in parallel to understand how your services perform under various load types.
Cloud migration is often tricky to execute despite having all that help organization can get on paper, cloud migration is often tricky to execute and can result in more problems than benefits if used misleadingly. Hence, it is important and advisable to understand why to bring a team of testing professionals on-board for a successful migration.
Ouriken is a standalone web design and digital agency. We design and implements powerful solutions for small and medium businesses in technology, business, and operations. Our cloud consulting services identify and prioritize cloud applications, optimization, cloud migration which helps your business.
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]