As search engines depend more on semantic search, the SEO industry has evolved from a keyword-focused approach to a topic-driven model. While bolded exact match keywords in titles and meta descriptions continue to influence which pages searchers click on, new research suggests that focusing on topics first and then choosing keywords is a better SEO strategy for two reasons.
- Identifying new sub-topics and ranking new semantically related keywords
- New sub-topics are being discussed, and new semantically relevant keywords are being ranked as a result.
Topic-driven content marketing techniques boost the ranking of webpages in the SEO world, and the following are some guidelines.
1.SEO Audit of Current site
To find and boost the rankings of core service pages and top-level tutorial pages that are very similar on the second page by:
o Creating sub-tropical material with backlinks to a certain page
o Increasing backlinks to the page
o Extending and improving existing content
o Increasing user interaction on those pages
Build Organic presence by:
- The keyword rank of core web pages is being evaluated. SEMrush is a program that exports data to a spreadsheet.
- To maximise existing content, identify important keywords with a high volume and low competition.
- Use Google Search Console to measure organic presence. Optimize the metadata and boost user signals around website content if monthly traffic is poor and clicks are few.
Related Post: Why Tableau is A trusted leader in Google Analytics?
Gather User Metrics by:
Using Google Analytics to gather metric around:
- Bounce rate
- Average time on pages
- Assuring that the content on the website corresponds to the user’s purpose so that users can find what they’re searching for. This will keep them engaged while also lowering the bounce rate.
Establish Goals and Editorial Calendar by:
a)Creating targets and KPIs for each web page, as well as using content to achieve them
- Bring new traffic
- Choose appropriate keyword phrases.
- Additional semantically similar keywords should be ranked as well.
- Become a thought leader.
- Increase brand recognition
2.Build Website Architecture for more Authority
Sub-topics are long-tail versions of highly searched topically linked keywords. The following metrics are gathered using keyword planners including Google Keyword Planner, SEMrush, Ubersuggest, and competitor research tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, and SpyFu:
- Keyword gaps for choice terms
- Web Pages with High-Traffic
- Content with the highest number of backlinks
- Content having positive Social signals
Furthermore, analysing what people are looking for and what matters to them as users by filtering search for phrases like Why, Where, How, Where, Tutorial, What, Guide, and so on aids in the production of relevant content.
Other search data sources, such as BuzzSumo and Google Trends, are also available for similar queries with large search volumes.
Topic ideas that are pertinent to core topic pages can be found using the methods and approaches mentioned above.
Related Post: How to Improve the Conversion Rate by 5x?
3.Use new content to boost the current rankings
Establish internal links to new content pages and core service pages, as well as external links to these pages. Use social media to promote them. This will inform search engines about the relevance of these sites.
A topic-driven approach is a better strategy to improve website hierarchy than a keyword-driven approach.